SPORTING HISTORY SPANNING OVER 100 YEARS
Promoting Shooting Sports In The Heart Of The City Of London And At Bisley.
Please take a moment to browse our website. There are details of who to contact for further information, as well as details of how to become a member.
Marylebone Rifle & Pistol club is proud of our diverse membership of people from all ages and backgrounds. We often hold competitions on and off site or just enjoy the social atmosphere of the club room.
Our modern facilities are just a few years old and boast both a 10 metre air rifle and 25 metre range for smallbore and fullbore calibres up to the range safety certificate. There is also an electronic target retrieval and turning target system.
Full training and supervision is provided. Range officers are always on duty to ensure the safety of our members.
There are many competitions held throughtout the year, both at our range in London and at Bisley. Put yourself to the test and join in.
The club has full accessibility for disabled shooters.
Just a short walk from London Bridge or Monument underground stations, the club is a perfect way to relax after a hard day in the office.
IT ALL BEGAN OVER 100 YEARS AGO
Marylebone Club started in November 1905 in the Marylebone Baths in Marylebone Road when the baths were drained for the winter. The Club was inaugurated on February 9th, 1906, the first shot being fired by Lord Roberts wife, Lady Edwina. When the baths were required to be filled later in 1906, they made arrangements to shoot in the open air range at Marylebone Grammar School.
A collection was made and the permanent range was constructed in Harewood Avenue on land leased from the goods yard at Marylebone Station (The Great Central Railway Station). The cost at that time was £485.00. It was inaugurated on Monday 23rd November 1907, by the Duke of Fife.
The Club was given notice to quit in 1968 and moved to new premises in St Aphage House, Fore Street, London Wall. Once again, we were given notice to quit in 2008.
After 5 years searching, the new range was completed in February 2013 and was inaugurated by Kate Hoey, MP who fired the first shot on 30th October 2013.