FAQ's - Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club

Rifle & Pistol Club
Club Logo
Rifle & Pistol Club
Go to content



Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a licence?
A Firearms Certificate (FAC) is not required for you to be a member of the club.
How do I apply for a Firearms Licence?
When you have completed your probation and become a Full member, the Secretary or Shooting Captain will guide you through the process in applying for an FAC.
Is it Safe?
Safety is of paramount importance. Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club constantly monitor all safety aspects and have an exemplary record.
Does the recoil hurt?
Recoil is nothing like the movies. The rifle does push back slightly with the higher calibres, however if held correctly as guided by your coach you should feel very little effect of recoil.
What about noise?
Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club ensure that full hearing and eye protection is available for all participants.
Am I insured?
Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club have Public Liability insurance cover.
I've never shot before. Is there any training provided?
Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club have several qualified and experienced coaches and mentors who will only be too happy to support the novice shooter.
Do I need special clothing?
The only equipment which is essential is hearing and eye protection which is available for loan on the range.
I am registered disabled can I use all the club facilities?
Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club has lift access to all level of the club, with full facilities accessible to wheelchair users.
Created by
Rivendell Solutions
Rifle Iron Sights
Rifle Bullet
Footer Divider
MRPC Footer Logo
Marylebone Rifle & Pistol Club
Back to content